Kinesiology taping is a skill and takes time to perfect. Although the Hamstring Pre-Cut makes it easier, please practice and be patient while applying until you are familiar with the handling of the tape.
- Tear all perforations before applying
- Do not touch the adhesive side of the tape
- Do not completely remove the backing of the tape until 90% of the tape is adhered to the skin
- Ensure each section is applied before moving on to the next section
- Rub over the top of the tape to activate the glue
Video Application Instruction
1. Subject should be lying on stomach with leg relaxed. Remove half of the backing from section 1 and apply to the rear thigh, directly below the gluteal fold. Repeat with the other half of section 1. Gently rub the tape to activate the adhesive.
2. Place the hamstring muscles in a stretched position by having subject lie on side with leg straight and stretched forward. Begin peeling the backing from section 2 and apply directly over the hamstring muscles. It is not necessary to stretch the tape as it is applied.
3. With the hamstring muscles still stretched, remove the paper backing from the outer arm of section 2 and apply the tape directly over the center of the injured groin area. Rub each section of tape immediately after applying to activate the glue.
4. Remove the backing from the final arm of section 2 and apply it along the lower boundary of the groin muscles with no additional stretch in the tape. Patient can now relax the leg and move freely. Avoid exercise or bathing for one hour after applying the precut kinesio tape to allow the adhesive to fully set.