We're on the hunt for a talented sales person aged between 16 and 24* with a passion for business and a love of sport! We like to be upfront. This will be a 6 month placement with the opportunity of full time improvement should you live up to your interview and prove yourself over the trial period. So please don't apply if you want an easy ride.
SPORTTAPE (www.sporttape.co.uk) was launched in 2010 and we’ve been on an epic adventure ever since. We’ve worked with the worlds best athletes and supplied the 2012 GB Olympic & Paralympic Medical team. SPORTTAPE has quickly become one of the leading sports tapes and we don’t want to stop there. We're a small, young teamthat are making a big impression and want to make a larger splash.
Over the forthcoming months we will be introducing new products and innovations that are set to change the market. Your number one priority will be generating sales within the retail, medical and physiotherapy environment. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, reliable and determined. They will enjoy working within a relaxed but hardworking environment, focused on showing initiative in decision-making processes, and thrive on being part of the SPORTTAPE team.
You will be based at our HQ in Welsh ICE an expanding hub of young Businesses so you will be working within a vibrant and exciting young community.
The role of Sales Executive is vital within our company and there is a distinct need for a sales specialist within the team to drive growth of our product range. You will enjoy working in a dynamic and fun environment. You will be expected to:
- Use your sales experience to establish new business
- Act as the key point of contact between SPORTTAPE and our customers: answering queries, offering advice and introducing new products
- Organise sales visits
- Present and demonstrate the product range when necessary (training provided)
- Maintain accurate sales records
- Attending trade exhibitions, conferences and meetings
- Reviewing sales performance on a regular basis
- Negotiate contracts
- Ensure positive and proactive account and marketing campaign management
- Ensure effective database management
We're looking for a highly professional and commercially aware person who will also:
- Be an excellent communicator: confident, determined and professional on the phone and articulate over email
- Be resilient with the ability to cope with rejection
- Be highly organised, able to work to deadlines and prioritise effectively
- Have a strong customer service approach coupled with self-determination and drive
- Show flair, creativity and passion in helping develop our products and campaign ideas
- Be a team player with a competitive streak
- No qualifications required, though a degree, ideally in a related discipline, is preferable.
- Pay: National Minimum Wage + Commission Scheme (Circa £16-20k O.T.E.)
- Hours: 40
- Age Range: Applicants must be between 16 and 24
- Start Date: 04/08/2014
- Closing date for application: 04/07/2014
- Duration of vacancy: Six months
- Type of Vacancy: Jobs Growth Wales*
- Location: SPORTTAPE HQ. Caerphilly. CF83 3GG
- Interview arrangements: You will be contacted via email if successful for interview.
To be considered, email your CV and cover letter to Kate-Anne Kelly: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a friendly and welcoming team here at SPORTTAPE so we’re really looking for someone who is enthusiastic about joining us and growing within an exciting environment. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch. Best of luck! P.S No agencies please.